Try This First
Is the Power LED light on the Telephony Modem lit?
- If not, check to make sure the modem is plugged in and the outlet has power.
- If the LED is lit, go to the next step.
This step usually is necessary to re-establish a connection after a recent issue.
It is a healthy practice to occasionally reboot your cable modem to refresh its internet connection.
If you also subscribe to FidelityTV services, verify that your FidelityTV service is working.
If power to the modem is active, but both phone and TV service are not working, please call our Technical Care Center for further assistance at 800-392-8070
Check for disconnected wires.
Make sure the phone connection to the modem and the connection between the modem and the coaxial cable is not loose or unplugged.
Have you moved your cable modem or router to a new cable outlet?
If you have moved your modem to another location, move it back to the original installation cable (coaxial) outlet. Keep in mind that telephony services are set up to work on the outlet where they were originally installed and may not work properly using other outlets.
Have you added splitter between your wall cable outlet and the modem?
A splitter can reduce cable signal strength coming from the wall cable outlet. Removing the splitter will potentially increase the signal strength. (Note: If a Fidelity technician installed the splitter, please do not remove it. If additional troubleshooting steps fail, please call our Technical Care Center for further assistance at 800-392-8070.)
Is the Telephone LED lit?
- If not, phone service has not been provisioned on that line. Please contact Fidelity Support at 800-392-8070 via an alternate phone for assistance.
- If it is blinking, there is a phone off the hook somewhere in the house. Find that phone and hang it up.
- If it is lit, go to the next step.
Is the phone plugged directly into the modem?
- Make sure the phone is plugged into the port on the back of the modem labeled TEL 1.
- If so, try a different phone. Make sure the new phone is a working phone.
- If a known good phone is used and you still don't have a dial tone, try using a different phone cord between the phone and the modem. If neither of these options work, please contact Fidelity Support at 800-392-8070 via an alternate phone for assistance.
Is there a phone cord from the modem to a phone outlet in the wall?
- If so, unplug the phone cord from the wall phone outlet. (Do not disconnect any coaxial cables from the modem to the wall.) Connect the phone cord from the TEL 1 port on your modem directly to a known working phone. If you now have a dial tone, the problem is with the house wiring. You’ll need to contact a local low-voltage electrician to correct house wiring issues unless Inside Wire Maintenance is included in your Fidelity bill. If you are subscribed to Inside Wire Maintenance, please contact Fidelity Support at 800-392-8070 to troubleshoot further or potentially schedule a technician visit.”