How can I connect my Android device to my wireless internet connection?
Connecting to your wireless internet connection on your Android device is an easy process. Follow the steps below:
- On your tablet or phone locate the application or listing for ‘Settings’.
- If you are having trouble locating the settings, try swiping down from the top of the screen then press and hold the WiFi icon. This will often bring you directly to the WiFi settings.
- Within the settings screen, select the listing for ‘WiFi’ or ‘Wireless’.
- Locate and select your wireless network listed on the Wireless screen.
- Enter in your Wireless Passphrase / Security Key in the ‘Password’ field and press ‘Connect’.
Upon successful connection, the word ‘Connected’ should appear below the wireless network name.
If you are having difficulty locating the settings, try swiping down from the top of the screen then press and hold the WiFi icon. This typically will bring you directly to the WiFi settings.
Note: Before starting the wireless setup, you will need your wireless passphrase/security key. You can locate this information at bottom of your cable modem. It will be labeled as WPA-PSK or Passphrase and is case sensitive. Click HERE for instructions on how to locate your security key or passphrase.
TIP: When entering your wireless password, you may see an option for "Show Password". Selecting this option will allow you to see the letters you have keyed in and may make it easier to enter in your password.