How to Connect Apple Products to a Wireless Network
Connecting your Apple products to a wireless network is easy! Please follow the steps below. You can also visit the Apple support at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202639 for additional information.
Before you begin, make sure you know the wireless settings of your router such as the wireless network name (SSID) and the network key or password.
- On your device’s Home Screen, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.Tap ‘Wi-Fi’.
Note: If the WiFi feature is OFF, tap or slide the Wi-Fi switch to the right to activate.
- Under Choose a Network, tap your router's wireless network name (SSID).
Note: If the device cannot detect your wireless network's name, but your other devices can try enabling and disabling the WiFi feature of the device. If you still can't see the network, restart the device by powering it OFF, then ON.
- Enter your network's wireless key/passcode/passphrase in the available field then tap ‘Join’.
Note: If the ‘Join’ button is grayed out after typing in the password, this would mean that the network key you entered is lacking some characters or is incorrect.
After you successfully join the network, you will see a checkmark next to the network name.
Removing Saved Wireless Settings
- Tap on the Settings app which can be found on the home screen.
- Tap on the WiFi category to view a list of wireless networks and settings.
- Tap on the icon to the right of the desired network which will be a blue circle with the letter "i" in it.
- From here the option "Forget This Network" should be visible if this device has saved settings for this network.